The CIC is the anchor of a 3,000-acre National Cyber Research Park and serves as a catalyst for the development and expansion of a knowledge-based workforce throughout the region.
- The Marine Force Reserves Headquarters, the 4th Marine Division, the 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, and the 4th Marine Logistics Group (411,000 sq. ft. of office space with over 1,500 full-time military positions and additional visiting reservists)
- New Orleans Military and Maritime Academy, a charter military school
- Coast Guard Sector Command
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- 4th District Headquarters, New Orleans Police Department
- Ochsner Fitness Center West Bank Fitness Center
- Federal City Child Development Center
- Federal City Inn & Suites, a 128 room lodging facility
- Federal City Parking and Retail Center (32,000 sq. ft. & 1,000 parking spaces)
- Federal City Auditorium, a 400-person capacity Conference Center
- Several Small Local Businesses
- Adjacent Delgado Community College
- Currently Ongoing and Planned Projects:
- Ochsner Fitness Center Swimming Pool & Expanded Fitness Facility
- Levee Bike & Walk Path
- Grocery & Convenience Stores
- Restaurant & Retail Facilities
- Delgado College Expansion
- Hotel/Lodging Expansion
- Federal City is strongly supported by the State, City, and the entire Louisiana Congressional Delegation
- Major post-Katrina economic development project
- $150M of State funds committed to date to site redevelopment
- State of the art facilities designed to accommodate thousands of Public and Private Sector workers
- A smart-design plans and configurations
- Philosophy of neighborhood integration and coordination, to achieve a contemporary architectural expression that brings to the development a sense of security and a healthy quality of life
- “Zone-based” design that allows for various levels of security and access for secure government or corporate operations
- Latest high-tech & cost-effective energy, maintenance, support services, and facilities
- Latest hurricane and flood protections
- Abundance of free parking
The Haynesville Shale has been referred to as the largest natural gas formations in the nation and one of the largest in the world.
INFINITY is a state-of-the-art sience and education center located at the NASA Stennis Space Center in Mississippi that will greatly benefit Louisiana students and teachers.
The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) is located in Livingston, Louisiana. It is a joint project between Cal-Tech University, MIT, and the National Science Foundation.
Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE) is a $27 million, 70,000-square-foot facility located at the Research Park of the University of Louisiana Lafayette.
The LSU College of Engineering is dedicated to creating engineers who can transform ideas into reality to solve society’s problems and improve the quality of life. We cultivate leaders with a strong sense of global awareness, an entrepreneurial spirit, and great communication skills. LSU Engineering students are immediately successful after graduation due to experiences that yield increased opportunities in the workforce.
The Michoud Assembly Facility provides NASA with extensive world class site/production capabilities for the manufacturing of large scale aerospace structures
NOLA Motorsports Park is a full-featured events facility located in New Orleans, Louisiana and will be host to Indy Grand Prix of LA in 2015.
With the Mississippi River moving about 500 million tons of cargo each year – including chemicals, coal, timber, iron, steel and more than half of the nation’s grain exports, the Port of New Orleans is America’s gateway to the global market.
The Port of South Louisiana is the largest tonnage port district in the western hemisphere. Over 4,000 oceangoing vessels and 55,000 barges call at the Port of South Louisiana each year, making it the top ranked in the country for export tonnage and total tonnage.