“While it’s disappointing that Louisiana’s collection of sales and use taxes again failed to be streamlined, there were many positives for Louisiana businesses and citizens in this year’s legislative session. Due to the state’s surplus and federal dollars received, legislators made significant one-time investments in several key infrastructure projects. And, while the session wasn’t deemed an “education session,” it finished as one with a total of $84 million dollars for early childcare and education, which is ultimately, an investment in workforce. These are all good steps in making Louisiana more competitive in retaining existing business and industry and attracting more innovative businesses to Louisiana.” -Michael Olivier, CEO
June 8, 2022
“Louisiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and West Virginia are the first to benefit from this aspect of the $10 billion Coronavirus Capital Projects Fund, which is expected […]
May 16, 2022
Louisiana has $2.8 billion in one-time funds in unspent federal aid and in state surplus funds that needs to be utilized for one-time needs. The investments proposed are […]
April 29, 2022
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Energy Department on Wednesday authorized additional exports of liquefied natural gas, or LNG, from planned terminals in Texas and Louisiana. The orders […]
Louisiana is a great place to live and work and our business community is keenly interested in furthering the business and economic development of our state.
- The go-to organization for business engagement in public policy.
- Provides access to some of the critical thinkers in business and academia in Louisiana.
- An organization to which government, policy, and media leaders turn for reliable, nonpartisan policy guidance.
- A catalyst for community action and an advocate for economic development.
- A respected business voice on state issues impacting business and economic development.
- Kristian K. PonchoSecretary-Treasurer | Coushatta Tribal Council
- Kenny NguyenCEO/Co-Founder | ThreeSixtyEight
- Noah KresslerShareholder | Baker Donelson
- Ned FasulloChief Marketing Officer | Focus Foods
- Dr. Marcus JonesPresident | Northwestern State University
- Jason W. BergeronFounder & CEO | Stratify LLC
- Blake R. DavidFounding Partner | Broussard & David, LLC
- Dr. John F. GeorgePresident & CEO| Biomedical Research Foundation of Northwest Louisiana (BRF)
- Dr. William Tate IVPresident | Louisiana State University
- Julie StokesChair | Ellevate Louisiana
- “Louisiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and West Virginia are the first to benefit from this aspect of the $10 billion Coronavirus Capital Projects Fund, which is expected […]