Louisiana is a great place to live and work and our business community is keenly interested in furthering the business and economic development of our state.
This is why over 100 of our Louisiana business and university leaders join the Committee of 100, to cause for and influence the innovation for economic development to occur offering greater opportunity for our citizenry.
Please review our member list and the profiles of these dynamic companies in our state to know what drives Louisiana business and industry. You will see the many facets of our state through our history, our culture, our cuisine and our people who are the driving force of our economy.
Michael J. Olivier, CEcD CEO
Who We Are
The Committee of 100 for Economic Development, Inc. (C100) serves as Louisiana's Business Roundtable. C100 is a private non-profit organization whose membership includes the top CEOs of leading private and public companies in Louisiana and University presidents of Louisiana’s institutions of higher learning. C100 was created in 1992 to provide leadership and resources to bring about positive change in government, education and the economy to improve the quality of life for all the people of Louisiana. The Committee of 100 is a non-government organization (NGO) supported by leading business leaders in Louisiana dedicated to the state's long-term economic growth.
Committee of 100 for Economic Development (C100) will serve as a catalyst for positive change in government, education and the economy to improve the quality of life for all people in Louisiana.
As the statewide business roundtable, C100 is an advocate for economic development, engaging our business leadership in influencing state public policy issues impacting business and economic development. The Committee is a respected business voice to which government, policy, and media leaders turn for reliable, nonpartisan policy guidance providing access to some of the critical thinkers in business and academia in Louisiana.
As a statewide network of CEO’s, C100 fulfills its mission to assist the State in attracting and retaining industry, thereby ensuring quality jobs for Louisianans, through a three-part program to:
- Directly support the efforts of state government by cooperating with and providing assistance to the Louisiana Economic Development Department (LED) and the regional economic development organizations (EDOs)
- Engage with entities that seek to positively influence public policy - Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (LABI), Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL), Blueprint Louisiana, Public Affairs Research Council (PAR), Businesses for Improving Louisiana Development (BILD), World Trade Center of New Orleans, US Chamber of Commerce, and State Business Roundtable Executives (SBRE) - on issues that affect economic development
- Keep C100 members informed about activities of the organization and to ascertain member views and ideas about specific economic development projects and policy
- Operate with a clear Program of Work, supported and approved by the Executive Committee
- Build strong alliances and networks
- Earn the trust and respect of the state’s government, business, and economic development leadership
- Deliver high value, excellent service, and relevant programs to members